Pressure measurement: the various terms that are being used may be confusing. A short explanation:
1) Atmospheric pressure: the pressure 'outside'. E.g.: the average atmospheric pressure (in the Netherlands) is 1013 mbar (which is equivalent to 76 cm Hg or 760 mm Hg or 1013 hPa or 1.013 bar or 1 atmosphere). Depends on height and depends on weather.
2) Airpressure: same as atmospheric pressure.
3) Gauge Pressure: pressure measured relative to atmospheric pressure. Most common measurement.
4) Underpressure: the pressure which is lower than atmospheric pressure. Negative value.
5) Absolute pressure: presure is measured from zero Bar (vacuum).
For pressure transmitter find our overview here.
Portable pressure measurements you can find here.
Questions? Need help? Call or mail us!